8 DAYS self-guided tour
minimum 2 people - Arrival/departure: LEKNES or STAMSUND
This is a very complete Self-guided journey intended for nature lovers. It will enable you to explore the archipelago of the Lofoten Islands from north to south.
The Lofoten Islands are a world in themselves, combining both the hardness of steep mountains, the gentleness of lush valleys and small fishing ports nestled at the end of fjords. The unique, surprising combination of Alps in the middle of the Norwegian Sea, provides perfect terrain for hiking.
The bespoke nature of the tour enables you to choose one of several options each day or to combine them all depending on how you feel, and how fit you are. You can visit a Viking museum and/or set off on a hike in the wilderness or, if you feel up to it, go kayaking in a large fjord in the south of the islands.
DAY BY DAY*
Day 1: Arrival at Leknes or Stamsund where you pick up your rental car, then drive to your first accommodation on the Lofotens.
Day 2 to 7 included: Choice of 17 hikes of different levels and 11 activities on the five main islands of the archipelago (visits, museum, sea kayak, fishing trip, etc.).
Day 8: End of stay: you return your car to Leknes or Stamsund. Departure from the Lofoten Islands.
In the Lofotens, as in the rest of Norway, the cost of living is extremely high, so in order to offer you services at competitive prices while maintaining a quality service, our rental cars are second hand vehicles. Of course, all our vehicles benefit from the same guarantees and services as in any "classic" agency. The mileage is unlimited and you have a compulsory third-party insurance included. The vehicles are 5-seater cars, usually of Japanese brand. It is possible to take an additional insurance for the car.
For a standard stay of 8 days / 7 nights, except in special cases or otherwise stipulated in the quotation / accepted offer, you will be accommodated in three different accommodation located in the center of the islands (Vestvågøya Island), north of the islands (Austvågøya) and the south (island of Moskenesøya).
The details of these accommodations will be described in the offer that will be made to you by email. The exact location for each of them can be found in the practical information sheet, which we provide in addition to the Road Book. Consult the detailed hiking guide of the tour (PDF) to know more about the different types of accommodation offer for this self-guided circuit.
A very complete document will be given to you, once the balance of the trip has been paid, and at least one month before the departure date of your stay. In addition to this booklet of about forty pages, we will provide you with a personalized information sheet for your accommodations and your rental vehicle (contact details, access, map, etc.).
Road Book Details:
- We have selected a series of varied hikes (different type of landscapes, levels of difficulty, duration) and possible activities on the Lofotens (fishing trip, kayak, etc.). These activities are listed island by island and described in detail. In the Road Book you will find all the practical information to take part in the different optionnal activities and be able to do the hikes on your own.
- You don't have to follow a rigid "day-by-day" program, but you'll make your own program; according to the weather, your shape, where you are housed, and your desire of the moment.
- A general map of the archipelago, where we have placed the hikes and activities, allows you to spot at a glance the hikes or activities near your accommodation, or those those that are on your route when you are driving from one accommodation to another.
- We also found it useful to provide you with information on where you can go shopping on the islands, and some suggestions for where to eat or simply have a good coffee (our favorites places on the islands).
- Finally, you will find all the useful information to spend a stay in all serenity (tourist offices, pharmacies, medical emergencies, usefull websites to consult, etc.).
*If you wish to modify the programme (number of days, type and number of accommodation), ask for a quote.
|Detailed hiking guide of the tour|
|Back to other trips||Enquiry for Self-guided tours|